As residents for more than 21 years, John and Sarah Hartman have seen quite a bit of change within the Town of Aurora. We raised our family in the Town, sent them to school, participated in various sports, leisure, and community events. We have also been stewards of civic responsibility by participating in Town engagement and volunteer activities.
So why do we support Tom Mrakas for Mayor in 2022?
He still represents the culture, managed growth and overall “community” of this Town that attracted us from Ottawa over 20 years ago. In summary, Mayor Mrakas is:
- Accessible — via phone, Council Meetings, “Coffee with the Mayor” or at various events in Town.
- Communicative — weekly updates, video posts, newsletters, Chamber, Council, Ratepayers, or other forums. He says what he knows and when he needs to defer to others due to their expertise or knowledge – he will.
- Action Oriented — He “gets things done”! Some of these may not always be popular, but he always (in our opinion) has the Town’s best interest in mind.
- Collaborative — he works with others in the Town and beyond (surrounding Mayors, Chambers, businesses, etc) to share the Town’s vision and needs.
- Accountable — when things go wrong or a wee bit off the tracks – he owns it.
- Engaged — Mayor Mrakas gets around Town – I support a mayor we can see and talk to.
- Advocate — for the Towns interest and plans. He is not afraid to take on issues or other areas of government.
We are confident that Tom Mrakas will continue to guide the Town of Aurora over the next term in office and we fully support his run as a Mayoral candidate in 2022.