I wanted to thank all organizations for taking the time to join the Mayor’s Roundtable on Sport with “Local Sport Organizations” last week as we started the conversation about COVID-19 and how organizations are managing during this time. It was a great opportunity to collaborate, learn and support one another during this time.
Based on the success of the meeting, future meetings will be held every two weeks for the next couple of months. If any Sport organization did not participate and you are interested in participating, please RSVP to email@example.com or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that we have all organizations represented. Also all online meetings will take place on Zoom.
Meetings will be as follows:
Wednesday, April 22 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Effectively communicating with stakeholders – parents, coaches, players
- Update on meeting with the Minister
- Additional updates from last call
- Open discussion period
Thursday, May 7 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Open discussion / question period with Steve Indig from Sport Law & Strategy Group
- This is your opportunity to ask questions to an expert in sport law
Wednesday, May 20 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Town of Aurora will be reaching out to Local Sport Organizations to determine topics of interest
- Update Sport Plan – Women & Girls in Sport
Wednesday, June 3 – 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Transitioning back to the new norm – discuss strategies to effectively get back up and running which will take time
If you have any questions or comments about the Mayor’s roundtable on sports, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I am looking forward to continuing to work together as we discuss the future of Sport in Aurora.
Take care, and stay safe